Cleanse Your Soul.

Here’s a heart to heart reflection with you.

When your soul feels broken, crying can be so healing. I woke up this morning, after a long night of thoughts trying to keep me awake, and my soul trying to rest and sleep. I woke up feeling numb. Angry. Hurt. Not worth fighting for.

I had my tea.

Sat down to write.

And I could not write anything that did not sound angry. I kept thinking, I am not an angry person. So I read what I wrote trying to change the ending when silent, warm tears streamed down my face.  One moment I’d find myself wiping my tears by stroking my cheeks with my trembling hands, trying to make myself stop. But they wouldn’t stop. Every time I’d try to stop, I felt the broken pieces of my soul telling me: please. Release this pain. So I cried.

And cried.

Until I heard my niece’s voice crying. I went to carry her and this came to my mind: crying is a language of expression. We do it from the moment we are born to express our need for something. To express that we have a voice. And as we grow we get convinced that it’s a sign of weakness.

Don’t ever convince yourself of that. And if you are already convinced, unconvince yourself.

And stop chaining your pain inside by stopping your tears from cleansing your soul, releasing your soul.

Najwa

Published inMy Classroom Reflections
Skip to toolbar